Monday, March 5, 2012

Back at it

Ive been running sporadically lately, but always inside on the treadmill and not out where I can track it via GPS. My run time has suffered in the last few months of limited activity, but I expect my V02 Max to increase soon since I quit smoking on Feb 28th.

Today I ran for 20 minutes. I was supposed to do two groups of four minute green zones, but I wanted to get to the mile and a half mark before 14:15.  So I ran up to 7.5 for a short spell until I made it (at 14:09), slowed down to a walk for about 2:30, then got to running at 6 again. I need to hit the greens at 7 to get there in time. Its hard right now but it'll get better.

Todays run totals:
Time - 22:15
Distance - 2.14 miles
Calories - 252

Working out will be easier since I am going to be at the NOSC every weekday. My lunch hour can be spent doing that, and I don't think they mind if I go a little over. I will be doing the MiCoach program, plus two gymtechnik workouts every day (at least one ab workout - Modays will have two ab workouts).

I start the Gymtechnik tomorrow. I was doing a shoulder/traps routine today but was interrupted by Davis telling me we had to clear the building. Thats what I get for waiting so long to start, I guess.

Im back on my multivitamins. The only step currently missing is the Myfitnesspal app - I need to get to using that but its hard with Jill's recipies. I have to figure out how to guestimate the calories in each meal.
Looking forward to tomorrows workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment