Tuesday, March 20, 2012

20 March 2012 Workouts

I had multiple today; I started at the Bridgeton Gym with two Gymtechnik workouts:

Abs/light cardio:
I did 27 minutes on the elliptical burning over 400 calories.
2 sets of 20 situps
one set of ten oblique crunches
3 sets of 20 cable crunches at 45 lbs.

Chest/triceps:
Dumbell bench press - 3 sets of 8 at 50 lbs (they don't have 55's)
dumbell incline press - 3 sets of 8 at 40 lbs
machine assisted dips (I moved 160 lbs per rep) 3 sets of 5, but I could do more weight or more reps
Tricep pressdowns (instead of lying tricep extensions - I hate those) 3 sets of 8 at 40 lbs.

At lunch I ran for 20 minutes. It was difficult to keep pace, maybe because I had worked out already. I only went 1.93 miles, and had to stop and walk for a few seconds during the second green segment. I did manage to burn 334 calories.

I measured myself at 18" neck and 41" waist. Todays weight was 236. Its better than my last measurement, 42" waist and 237. But for all the effort I've been putting forth it feels like I'm spinning my wheels. Maybe I'm just being impatient. But if I can keep my caloric intake low enough to lose 2 lbs per week, I should weigh in at 228 next drill weekend.

I've decided to take Stew Smith's advice on pushups and pullups too. I'm doing pushups everyday, although not the 200 he recommended. I'll have to make more of an effort to reach that daily goal. I'm also practicing pullups every other day. Today was one of those days but I truely couldn't fit it in time-wise, so I'll do it tomorrow morning for A.M. PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment